E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E350 P1 Sport - Add Keyless Go - Build Sheet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Sport
E350 P1 Sport - Add Keyless Go - Build Sheet

Does anyone know if a e350 P1 package Sport is able to add Keyless Go easily? I don't care much about the door unlock stuff but the press brake pedal and start button option.

I'm kind of confused as some other forums and posts I've seen where people buy the button and just put it in the ignition hole and it works. How can I find out if I can do the same thing?

Also anyway to get a build sheet for this VIN WDBUF56X87B051972
Old 08-28-2017, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,467 Likes on 1,148 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
No, it's not possible to add Keyless go easily. The door handles are different, there are antennas, additional computers etc. It would cost more than the original option cost. You're looking for one with the P2 package. That was keyless go and bixenons. Many cars had the P1 package, but only a small percentage had the P2 package. That VIN doesn't have the P2 package, it's pretty basic, just P1. No parktronic, folding rear seat, bixenons, keyless go, pano sunroof, power trunk closer. Basically it's just a base model.

As for the keyless go button, that was on the W212, you could take the button off and start the car with the key if the battery in the fob died. But if you didn't have the hardware for the keyless go option, the button basically did nothing. What ended up happening was that the buttons were stolen off the cars on the lot or the dealers took them off to prevent them from being stolen. All you have to do is look at the door handle, a regular door handle is about $100 and the keyless go ones are about $300. They have a couple extra buttons on them to lock and unlock the car. Also works on the trunk and the gas cap.